Monday, September 27, 2010

Right on Track

Last night while Michael and I were waiting in the Writing Center for our consultants I tallied up how many points I have so far. I have racked up about 50 points so far which I feel is at the right pace to get the full 80 by next week. I am trying to space out my comments and posts in order to not save too many for the last few days of the mid term or too many at the beginning. I feel like this is important because even though the posts are about points, they are also about free thinking. I think of my blog for this class as being more than just an assignment but rather a portal through which I can express any thought about writing that comes to mind. For instance, I just had a mini panic attack thinking about all of the essays I have to write by mid-October, and I would be happy to write an entire post about it. I hope it doesn't sound like my blog is my therapist but rather a place where I can relay any thought that comes to mind without the fear of being shut down.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I wish I could say I was right on track, but I'm afraid I'm not. I definitely agree with you that these posts are about free thinking; there have been times when I wanted to post for points but didn't know what to say. I think it's better to write for substance than points, as I can see you're doing. Don't be worried about all the assignments due. You'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, I think it's really interesting how you describe the blog.... It's a great opportunity to vent (even if it seems like therapy), or to discuss whatever ideas related to the class come to mind. I feel similarly...the blog posts and commenting are not too stressing becuase although we have to post, we have a lot of freedom and what we say and how we say it.

    ReplyDelete